Thursday, January 12, 2012

While I'm Waiting...

We are progressing along in our adoption process. We sent 11 documents to the Secretary of State to be Certified (this is done to all of our notarized documents) this week. The Secretary of State office has to certify that the person that notarized our documents is a real notary, and once they do that the documents are certified and mailed back to us. Later the documents will be authenticated. For authentication we send our documents to the Chinese Embassy and they verify that the documents that were certified were done so legitimately.  Does all of this sound confusing?  Yeah it is, but what I am excited about is that we are making real progress. Our home study is scheduled for next Friday and Saturday, January 20 and 21. Please pray for our family. It is a little nerve wracking to have a stranger come into your home and ask you a lot of personal questions, not that we have anything to hide. We’ve been working around the house getting some things done that we had been putting off, so that is a good thing. With the help of my son we put new screen up on our back porch and it looks pretty good Painting is on the agenda for Saturday. I know this isn’t stuff we have to do, but it is a good motivation to get it done.

We are waiting any day now for a call from Colorado that will tell us that we can be officially matched with our little girl. A couple of things keep me going while waiting for that call. Most importantly is God’s Sovereignty, knowing that God’s timing is perfect and that God is in control, even when I don’t understand why I didn’t get the call yesterday. Secondly, as I wake up each morning I say to myself, “I am one day closer to flying to China to meet and bring home my little girl.” Then my mind wanders and I think of all the other things I am one day closer to, like watching her play with her brother and sisters and hearing them laugh together, taking her on her first trip to Disney World, our first Christmas together, teaching her about Jesus and taking her to Sunday School.            

So until we get “that call” from Colorado, I want to be obedient to the one making all of this possible and let him continue to work in me so I can be the best wife & mom I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment