Monday, February 6, 2012

"I Know the plans.... Declares the Lord"

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
So I have had to read this verse several times today and reminded myself of the promises that it holds. We received word today that our little girls file may not be ready for a few months. There was some delay in her paperwork and it looks like our adoption agency may not receive her paperwork unitl July. We were praying to be able to travel to China in July, but with this new development it may be more like November. I know in my head that God's timing is perfect, but my heart is hurting tonight. I also know that God could still work miracles and we could have her much sooner.
I was recently watching the movie "Soul Surfer" and there is a part in the movie when Bethany's Youth Pastor talks about being so close to a situation that you can't see it properly and it doesn't make sense, but as you move further away from whatever the situation is it begins to come into focus and you begin to see the big picture. I want God to help me see the big picture today and to claim His promises for my life and for the life of a sweet little girl in China waiting on her momma and baba.
Thank you for your prayers for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment